Senior Development ManagerCompany: JDRF
Date Posted: May 7, 2018
The Senior Development Manager position provides an opportunity for the successful candidate to leverage the JDRF brand and its full arsenal of national and local resources in making a direct impact on the lives and livelihood of T1D patients and their families.
The Senior Development Manager will be instrumental in enabling the success of JDRF, and will do so by interacting with a talented, passionate, and personally vested team of staff and volunteers, all of whom are dedicated to JDRF’s mission of finding a cure for T1D.
He or she will manage, evaluate, and expand programs that build and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors and increase revenue for the JDRF Los Angeles Imagine Gala. Working in conjunction with the Executive Director & Associate Executive Director, regional teams and volunteer leadership, he or she will increase the revenue of assigned fundraising activities with a focus on Gala, the JDRF Ride program and the Annual Golf Event; ensure that the fundraising and priorities of JDRF grow year over year through increased corporate, family, volunteer, and other consistent involvement; organize and coordinate appropriate committees with volunteers to expand fundraising and non-fundraising programs; and serve as a coach, mentor and subject matter expert to one junior level development staff .
• Primarily responsible for all aspects of the annual $1.25 million dollar JDRF Los Angeles Imagine Gala including corporate fundraising & sponsorship, procurement of auction items and logistics/production.
• Oversee the JDRF Los Angeles Chapter Ride Program, in conjunction with the Development Coordinator, which has a goal of raising $225,000 annually.
• Oversee the JDRF Golf Tournament, which takes place in partnership with numerous corporate partners, ensuring it reaches its annual financial goal.
• Direct the cultivation and meaningful involvement of donors and volunteers at all levels of income.
• Direct, coach and mentor one development staff member, cultivating and sustaining a strong, team-oriented culture with emphasis on results and accountability.
• Accountable for volunteer management (i.e. recruitment, training, motivation, recognition, supervision, and evaluation) required to plan and implement assigned special events.
• Develop and maintain a culture, processes and procedures that promote a good working relationship between staff teams and volunteer leadership.
• Bachelor's Degree required; CFRE a plus.
• Minimum 5-7 years of progressively responsible and related fundraising experience with a minimum of 3-5 years in a supervisory capacity required.
• Exceptional management, leadership and team-building skills.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, human behavior and performance, and coordination of people and resources.
• Understanding of computer systems and databases. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint). Salesforce & Greater Giving a plus.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task, establish priorities and work in a fast-paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Superior active listening, observation, analytical and problem recognition and solving skills.
• Ability to travel locally required. Occasional overnight travel as needed. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
How to Apply
If you’d like to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to JDRF by clicking the job URL http://smrtr.io/ljUwJw
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted. No staffing agencies please.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer