Manager of DevelopmentCompany: New Directions for Veterans
Date Posted: May 1, 2018
- Work in cooperation with the Chief Development Officer to develop fundraising strategies, identify new prospects and plan effective solicitations for prospects rated at $10,000 and above.
- Implement a comprehensive plan for identifying, soliciting and stewarding prospects and donors. Develop and implement strategies for closing solicitations.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of donor prospects making between 18-27 face-to-face visits a month for the purposes of discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Coordinate staffing for major gift solicitations by the Chief Development Officer, CEO, and the Board of Directors. Demonstrate successful experience working with boards comprised of prominent corporate and community volunteers.
- Actively involve program heads, and external advisory committees in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation process. Assist in recruitment and development of NDVets potential Board members.
- Prepare and monitor individual development budget.
- In cooperation with the Chief Development Officer establish annual qualitative and quantitative goals, objectives and key accountabilities in order to increase donors and dollars raised. Determine most effective means to report progress and provide assessment on a regular basis. Prepare and deliver annual written plans.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or comparable experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience and a track record that demonstrates solid fundraising results and demonstrated success with securing five-plus figure gifts.
- The ability to plan, organize, and implement fundraising activities effectively, as well as participate in high-level individual, corporate, and/or foundation solicitations.
- Experience in promoting and coordinating the involvement of donors and volunteers.
- Comprehensive computer skills, including familiarity with fundraising databases (Raiser’s Edge).
- Willingness to travel locally and work weekend/evening hours. Skilled in dealing with high-level donor prospects. Ability to effectively communicate the vision and mission of NDVets, while capturing the interest of the prospect.
Strong oral, written and presentation skills and excellent organizational skills. Process information and analyze statistics and present in an easy-to-read format, either written or graphic.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Pay Rate: $55,000 -- $60,000 per year
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org