Development DirectorCompany: KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. "KJazz 88.1 FM"
Date Posted: January 26, 2018
Job Opening for Development Director
KJazz 88.1 FM in Los Angeles, CA is seeking a Development Director. The Development Director will report to the General Manager and Station Manager and be expected to work collaboratively with the KJazz staff and volunteers. Candidates must have a background in fundraising for non-profits and the ability to plan, execute, oversee and evaluate a diverse and dynamic fundraising strategy for KJazz.
The Development Director will provide the overall direction, coordination and implementation of KJazz’s fundraising activities. The individual will be required to supervise staff and volunteers. The Development Director will establish short and long-term revenue goals in coordination with the Station Manager.
The Development Director will implement fundraising campaigns and meet or exceed budgeted annual income goals. The Development Director is responsible for organizing and managing activities related to the analysis, planning, implementation, supervision and evaluation of fundraising activities to execute an overall fundraising program that includes but is not limited to: on-air and online fundraising campaigns, foundation grants, donor tracking, major gift giving, annual and planned giving, and special events.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Developing, implementing, and overseeing a diversified fundraising plan for the year, including on-air fundraising drives (currently 2x per year with an online component) and a mail and email campaign
- Identifying and developing opportunities for future growth
- Identifying opportunities for special campaigns and implementing the campaigns
- Developing and implementing a sustained giving program
- Developing and implementing a major gift giving program
- Developing and submitting grant proposals to foundations, corporations and government entities
- Developing and implementing a planned giving program
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with businesses, organizations and foundations, including record labels and promoters
- Soliciting in-kind donations from businesses and securing thank you gifts for donors
- Managing fulfillment of gifts for donors
- Soliciting corporate matching gifts
- Soliciting sweepstakes prizes for donors and managing fulfillment of the prizes
- Documenting all fundraising activities and providing comprehensive reports on a minimum of a quarterly basis
- Overseeing the Membership Coordinator
- Creating and overseeing letter and email correspondence with donors on a monthly basis; responding to donor inquiries and issues
- Overseeing/serving as editor of the membership newsletter (currently sent out 3x per year)
- Developing and overseeing the membership card program and other benefits for donors
- Membership database entry (Allegiance)
- Training volunteers and oversight of volunteers during on-air fundraising drives
- A minimum of three years of experience as a successful fundraiser for a non-profit
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner
- Exceptional organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and successfully implement multiple projects
- Proven success in fundraising, particularly large fundraising campaigns and major donor gifts
- Experience with online fundraising campaigns
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with marketing, including through social media, public relations, event management and grant sourcing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and database management
- Knowledge of current trends in charitable giving in the areas of fundraising campaigns, events, major gifts and planned giving
Please contact Stephanie Levine, Station Manager and General Counsel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.