Director of Finance and AdministrationCompany: Project Angel Food
Date Posted: December 15, 2017
The Director of Finance and Administration coordinates the overall business and administrative functions of the agency. Reports to and works closely with the Executive Director on budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting, and the securing of new funding including grants, gifts and donations. The Director will be responsible for the organizational focus on long-term financial growth.
- Prepares annual budget working with Staff Directors, CEO and Board-level stakeholders.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data in order to prepare and reconcile financial reports such as monthly variance reports.
- Creates financial forecasting tools to ensure adequate budgetary foresight.
- Manages all general ledger and treasury functions including (but not limited to) accruals, closing entries, credit lines, accounts payable, accounts receivable, deposits and reconciliations.
- Prepares all interim financial reports, as well as annual audit and tax statements (working with auditor and tax preparer).
- Monitors various grants, participates in grant development, including government sources, and ensures compliance with grantor requirements.
- Writes and monitors volunteer and staff cashiering policies for special events.
- Manages all aspects of agency liability (insurance) including premiums and some claims.
- Ensure agency filings and reporting are completed with government and regulatory bodies (e.g., quarterly state sales taxes).
- Responsible for the management of daily cash flow and security of cash transactions.articipates as an active member of the management team.
- Works collaboratively with HR Manager to support payroll and related tax issues.
- Works collaboratively with Director of Special Events and Director of Development to ensure proper accounting of income and reconciliation between financial ledger and donor databases.
- Serves Finance Committee and Board Treasurer in reporting and monitoring.
- Supervises Finance Department Staff.
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Five years management experience in fiscal capacity, with knowledge of non-profit accounting methods.
- Working knowledge of accounting, payroll, liability, and personnel management policies and procedures.
- Experience in preparing financial and tax statements for a non-profit organization.
- Ability to work with and supervise a diverse team of staff and volunteers in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Office.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Ability to use diplomacy and respect confidentiality in sensitive situations
Terms and Benefits
- Full-Time, Exempt position
- Annual evaluation by supervisor (CEO)
- Adherence to PAF personnel policies and procedures
- Employer provided: Health
- Optional: Dental, Vision Insurance, Credit Union, 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid sick and vacation time
How to Apply
Please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Project Angel Food is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.