Development AssociateCompany: Violence Intervention Program (VIP)
Date Posted: May 15, 2017
Working under the Director of Development & Communications, responsibilities will vary and may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain VIP donor database and update donor contact information, as needed.
- Process donations and donation acknowledgement letters.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a thoughtful donor stewardship program to ensure donor satisfaction and fulfillment.
- Conduct research on donor prospects as appropriate.
- Develop expertise in donor database to analyze constituent giving history and generate reports.
- Assist in the development of a donor portfolio of 50-75 major gifts donors and develop and implement annual stewardship efforts (including donors that come in through the direct mail program), involving Board members and other agency staff as appropriate.
- Assist with managing annual major gifts renewal process, including developing personal and meaningful renewal letters, ensuring data is current in donor database, and identifying other opportunities for enhancing donor retention.
- Assist in the development strategy for cultivating existing and potential sponsors and informing them on a regular basis of activities associated with the Violence Intervention Program’s activities and achievements.
- Work with the Director of Development and Communications to identify and reach out to community partners for annual Back to School and Toy Drives.
- Support publication of VIP newsletters, annual report, and other marketing/communications efforts.
- Research and draft communication pieces for online and print distribution;
- Collaborate with staff on brainstorming, creating, and distributing communications materials;
- As needed, works with graphic designer to create and edit appropriate marketing and outreach pieces, including email, direct mail, graphics, etc.
- Assist in crafting and implementing a social media strategy, developing social media content, and building an online audience.
- Research and analyze grant-making organizations to identify likely funding sources for specific projects and programs.
- Assist Director of Development in writing, compiling, and/or editing grant applications in accordance with each grant-making organization’s guidelines and format, exhibiting strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
- Assist in the process of supplying progress and final reports when required by grant-making organizations that have funded a project or program.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of development experience preferred, with emphasis on donor stewardship, communications, corporate giving and/or major gifts.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- A highly motivated self-started that is able to work independently, problem-solve, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work as a member of a team in a small office environment.
- Proven concern for detail, organization, and timely follow-through.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, social media, and internet applications, as well as a working knowledge of CRM platforms.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Director of Development & Communications
HOW TO APPLY
Please email, fax, or mail your cover letter, resume and names of three professional references with their phone numbers directly to:
VIP-Community Mental Health Center, Inc. – Human Resources Department
1721 Griffin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90031
To learn about us, please visit our website: www.ViolenceInterventionProgram.org
VIP Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and works affirmatively to include diversity among its staff and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex/gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, income, marital status or any other irrelevant dimension of diversity.
VIP offers Great Benefits and Perks:
•Medical, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Accounts
•401(k) plan & Basic Life Insurance
•11 paid holidays per year
•Generous paid time off accrual
•Travel reimbursements at IRS rate