Principal Gifts Officer-WestCompany: Compassion and Choices
Date Posted: February 13, 2018
Compassion & Choices works nationally to improve care and expand choice at the end of life. Compassion & Choices envisions a society where everyone receives state-of-the-art care at the end of life, and a full range of choices for dying in comfort, dignity and control. We engage our mission through three main pillars of service: end-of-life consultation, educational programs, and legislative/legal advocacy. Compassion & Choices is leading the way nationwide in our efforts to make medical aid in dying a legal and acceptable option for terminally-ill, mentally competent adults. We are taking a multi-prong approach--legislation, litigation, and ballot initiative—to assure that we bring end-of-life options to everyone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: :
● Steward a portfolio of approximately 150 current donors; utilize moves management to increase their giving.
● Work with organizational leadership and current supporters to find connections to prospective donors with the capacity to make 6- and 7- figure gifts.
● Working with the National Director and other leadership begin and maintain fast pace of cultivating and soliciting gifts from current and prospective donors.
● Engage current donors and volunteers in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of new prospects.
● The candidate will contribute by employing and role-modeling key processes and programs that support an office-wide emphasis on collaborations, efficiencies and metrics/performance based outcomes.
● Manage the two other frontline gift officers working on the west coast.
● B.A. in Business, Marketing, Communications or Non-Profit Management.
● Seven (7) years’ experience in nonprofit development, event planning, marketing, communications, or high-end sales (or equivalent combination of experience and/or education) including a minimum of 6 years of direct fundraising experience, and a track record of closing seven figure gifts.
TO APPLY: Email current and cover letter (which includes expected salary range [being more specific than 'negotiable] and how your background aligns with this position) to HR@CompassionAndChoices.org. In the subject line, please indicate "Last_First Name, PGO-West, 02-2018". View entire position description on the employment page of our website - https://www.compassionandchoices.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Principal-Gifts-Officer_West-Coast-Final-01-31-2018.pdf. No agencies.