Donor Relations ManagerCompany: PUENTE Learning Center
Date Posted: November 16, 2017
The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to effectively raise support from individuals throughout Southern California. This individual must maintain an active portfolio of existing donors and manage friends of PUENTE’S individual giving program and monthly donors. He/she will serve as a liaison between leadership and donors to ensure that individuals develop a meaningful relationship with the organization. Additional responsibilities include:
- Working to diversify the current portfolio of supporters/research and creating a pipeline of prospective donors.
- Leading the end-of-year giving campaign, while working closely with marketing in the creation of high quality collateral materials.
- Developing and fulfilling donor benefits, recognition, correspondence and mailings while maintaining an accurate database of donor information, using DonorPerfect software.
- Collaborating with VP of Development/CEO to integrate board members in making solicitations of major individual donors and tracking progress.
- Directing the Workplace Giving Committee and ensuring that internal processes are compliant.
- Finally, monitoring that all ‘thank you’ letters are completed in a timely manner.
More specifically this position will work on the following:
- Special Events: Work closely with staff in planning, executing and evaluating special events with specific fundraising metrics. PUENTE holds an Annual Festival, Golf Tournament, Holiday Dinner and other smaller events. Secure sponsorships/support for special events, in collaboration with development team.
- Strategic Community Relationship Building: Participate in community collaboratives and organized groups in order to leverage relationships and strategic partnerships. Introduce community organizations and local businesses to PUENTE via events and communications. Set-up tours and meetings with appropriate leadership team members in order to enhance fundraising and program development efforts. Actively work alongside program staff in order to align fundraising efforts to programs and mission of the organization, identify needs and match to appropriate community partners.
- Alumni Advisory Board: Connect with former students and engage them in PUENTE’s work as donors and/or volunteers. Manage Advisory Board based on existing mission, vision, values and goals. With support from the Advisory Board, develop an alumni outreach strategy, create a platform for alumni network and implement fundraising events.
- Planned Giving: Develop a Planned Giving program and integrate into our initiatives.
REQUIREMENTS, CAREER PATH AND EDUCATION BACKGROUND
The ideal candidate has a creative, entrepreneurial and innovative approach to work. The ability to represent PUENTE Learning Center’s professionalism as well as strong and engaging communication skills (both written and spoken) is essential. Knowledge of any or all of PUENTE Learning Center’s funding priorities is beneficial. At a minimum, this position requires:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Five years of professional experience in fundraising and donor relations with a track record in raising $1,000+ gifts
- Commitment to PUENTE’s mission and an overarching dedication to mission driven work
- Passionate advocate for the mission and those being served through the organization
- Bilingual: English/Spanish fluency, written and oral
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude is a must
- Experience in nonprofit sector, working with Boards of Directors and small dynamic teams
- Experience planning and executing special events of any size with set metrics
- Knowledge of Los Angeles, its community organizations and philanthropic groups
In addition to possessing these qualifications, the ideal candidate will be creative, organized, strategic and collegial. He/she must be a self-starter with a bias toward execution and must process the ability to be flexible and open to new ideas, as well as the ability to function at peak in a fast-paced environment. A sense of humor and positive attitude are essential.
PUENTE Learning Center is offering an industry competitive compensation package based on the candidate’s significant qualifications and experience. PUENTE Learning Center also offers health, dental, vision and employee contributed retirement benefits.
Please submit the following to Megan@MichelleWhitingandAssociates.com.
1.) Cover letter: All candidates are strongly encouraged to develop a cover letter which provides qualifications, experiences and past successes, and how they fully intersect with PUENTE Learning Center’s needs for this position.
3.) Compensation requirements
Please forward with "Donor Relations Manager” as the subject line. All three attachments must be received. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the anticipated volume of applications only principal, qualified candidates will receive a response. We ask that no phone calls be placed to PUENTE Learning Center.
To learn more about PUENTE Learning Center and this position, please visit the website: www.puente.org