Director of Development - Student AffairsCompany: Sacramento State
Date Posted: October 9, 2017
MPP - This position is defined in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. It is excluded from the collective bargaining process and is exempt from overtime provisions of FLSA. This position is covered by health benefits.
Classification Salary Range: 3,635 - 12,456 monthly
Full time position
Work Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm; Schedule may vary based on department needs.
The Division of University Advancement supports the University's mission to transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service and success. Fostering greater connection between volunteers, alumni and the institution, University Advancement builds a fluid continuum of engagement, support and community outreach to enhance and reinforce activities that support students. Within University Advancement, University Development plans and implements active and purposeful fundraising efforts that align with university-wide, college and department priorities to support student success.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
2. Experience in fund raising in settings such as major gifts in higher education, philanthropy corporate relations, business development
3. Experience or demonstrated ability to be successful in face-to-face fundraising
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
4. Demonstrated ability to successfully build professional relationships
5. Understanding of philanthropy and Director of Development's role
6. Demonstrated ability to establish measurable fundraising goals and objectives and to development and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies to achieve them
7. Strong communication and presentation skills
8. Detail-oriented skills
9. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team; demonstrated ability to manage and motivate volunteers and advisory groups, and to develop rapport with faculty
10. Proficient in standard office programs such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, databases, etc.
Work Schedule Requirements:
11. Ability to travel, as needed
12. Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
Conditions of Employment:
13. Ability to pass a background check
14. Master's degree from an accredited university
15. Experience working in complex organizations
16. Valid driver's license and maintenance of good driving record, for occasional driving per the Essential Functions of the position
To apply, visit the link below: