Sr. Assoc Director Proposal WriterCompany: CHOC Children's Foundation
Date Posted: August 31, 2017
Since 1964, CHOC Children’s Foundation has been steadfastly committed to providing the highest quality medical care to children. Affiliated with the University of California, Irvine, our regional pediatric healthcare network includes a state-of-the-art 279-bed main hospital facility in the City of Orange, and a hospital-within-a-hospital in Mission Viejo. CHOC also offers many primary and specialty care clinics, more than 100 additional programs and services, a pediatric residency program, and four centers of excellence – The CHOC Children’s Heart, Neuroscience, Orthopedic and Hyundai Cancer Institutes.
To nurture, advance and protect the health and well-being of children. That’s why at CHOC Children’s Hospital in Orange and CHOC Children’s at Mission Hospital, we are dedicated to working cooperatively—assisting and enriching existing services as well as developing programs to benefit the families of Orange County. Over two million children across four counties count on CHOC to be here when they need us most—regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
CHOC is the first hospital devoted exclusively to caring for children in Orange County. Since opening its doors, CHOC has led the way in many areas of pediatric health care.
CHOC Children’s Foundation seeks a strong professional writer to create persuasive proposals and write speeches, talking points (for foundation, hospital or volunteer leadership), event and video scripts, and stewardship reports to engage donors at the level of $1 million or more. This team member will assist in the development of campaign communications materials in a variety of media, working in close collaboration with the rest of the development staff and key stakeholders.
- Serve as the chief storyteller for the Foundation, creating materials that inspire investment in the future of CHOC Children’s.
- Write persuasive proposals, business plans and stewardship reports mostly to private individuals, possibly to corporations or family foundations, requesting commitments in excess of $1,000,000.
- Adapt messaging to different audiences and employ appropriate media or communications channels.
- Translate medical information into materials understandable to a lay audience.
- Project manage the production of proposals, business plans and stewardship reports from inception, through writing and design, editing and production.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and meet demanding deadlines.
- Produce materials in a variety of media, working in close collaboration with the development team and key stakeholders.
- Contribute significantly to the campaign goal by supporting the solicitation of principal gifts in excess of $1,000,000.
Reports directly to the Associate Vice President Principal Gifts & Campaign
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five or more years in a professional setting. Success in fundraising
- Superior communication skills in both written and spoken word
- Familiarity with visual storytelling. Excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to gain expert scientific/medical knowledge and communicate in lay terms
- Highest integrity and a sense of personal/professional ethics
- A passion for children's healthcare
- Experience in a healthcare/hospital setting preferred
- Background in biological science desired
Send cover letter and résumé to (electronic résumés preferred):
Netzel Grigsby Associates, Inc.
Attention Yvette Herrera
6167 Bristol Parkway, Suite 125
Culver City, CA 90230