Development AssistantCompany: San Marino Schools Foundation
Date Posted: June 9, 2017
JOB TITLE: Development Assistant
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Development Assistant is responsible for supporting the administrative work of the Foundation by maintaining the donor database, processing payments and gift transactions, including credit card processing, matching gifts, and ensuring the integrity of donor information in database. The Development Assistant coordinates with Annual Campaign activities including: reconciling school registration packet data files, community/parent mailers, producing donor acknowledgement letters, and maintaining accurate and up-to-date donor rosters for stewardship and recognition purposes.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage the maintenance of addresses and segmented mailings for all constituents including gift accounting, pledge management and donor records that enable a donor-based development program.
- Implement data and gift entry strategy.
- Produce customized reports using DonorPerfect and Excel for Development staff and Board.
- Perform quality control of the database by ensuring the standardization of data and coding and by developing systems and processes.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of DonorPerfect through regular cleanup of data.
- Utilizing donor database capture donor relationships, actions and notes.
- With Development Coordinator, help develop strategies to streamline SMSF’s donation entry processes.
- Receive and manage office incoming communication, including phone inquiries, processing mail, and greeting in-person foot traffic.
- Submit facilities and work requests as necessary to the School District.
- Print, stuff and send mail pieces for community and parent mailers.
- Organize data file received from InfoSnap obtained via the School District’s registration packets.
- Manage all gift processing including all received donations from phone-in, recurring gifts, online donations and pledges. Execute matching gift process.
- Oversee gift acknowledgement process for all individual donors in a timely manner.
- Create segmented lists for multiple direct mail solicitations.
- Manage alumni and donor databases.
- Assist with special events and projects as requested and/or needed.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in non-profit fundraising, including donor database management. Experience in DonorPerfect, Raisers Edge or other fundraising software a must.
- College degree required.
- Outstanding Excel skills and ability to produce detailed tables and reports exported from database.
- Detail oriented with outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully execute multiple, simultaneous projects on time and with quality results.
- A commitment to the value of high quality education.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Online submissions only. No phone calls please. Submit cover letter and resume to Christopher Kealey at email@example.com .